Monday, May 31, 2010

Learning Something New

In the light of day after Fairy Idyll I just was not in the mood to stitch another huge cross stitch piece. So I decided to try my hand at something new. Embroidery is something that if done right it is the most beautiful of all embroidery - Of course in my opinion! LOL

I have had this one Inspiration Magazine laying around my house for years and all because of this one project in it that keeps calling me. So I thought before I start my Mette project with my friend Marie I wanted to try this out!  For those of you who don't know what Mette is I will post a pic of the design when we start so you can see that it is enormous!

The Project I have just started is from issue 51 and is on the cover - The Elizabethan Sweet Bag, I won't be making it into a bag but another part to the Fairy Idyll project! Or if it turns out better than I hope for than it will be turned into a needle book for that friend I mentioned up there!

I will be posting a daily picture of progress on this one and PLEASE leave your feedback (good and bad) as to things I could do to improve my embroidery!

I am using all HDF silks and a little petite treasure braid for accent, and stitching on a tone on tone quilters cotton with a layer of muslin behind it. The blue pen marks are on wash away stabilizer and is one of the hints in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment