Monday, July 19, 2010

Devil's Head

UGH Finally after two hours of climbing and a two hour
drive it's over! I am done I climbed to the top took the
pictures and climbed back down!. Yes I did not take
pictures of myself but I did get the boys to hold still for
a minute and got pics of them so here they are at the fire
 lookout on top of Devil's Head!



this is Wyatt - he's five and he carried sticks all the way
 up and halfway back down again until he slipped and
 fell and then I umade him put them down for good! He
didn't even fall behind until after he fell!



Dalton who hates pictures and complained more
 then I did all the way up!



This is Cauy he did so well, better than I would
 have thought -this is the kid who eats everything
 and sits and plays video games the whole time!
 I couldn't even keep up with him until after he fell
 on the way back down!!!!



This is Cody and Wyatt - Dakota kicked my butt -
 he basically ran circles around me the whole way.

It was a great trip though the kids loved the view
 and all agreed it was worth the hike and the drive
 ( dirt road, Durango - and a girl afraid to drive on
 dirt roads! LOL We went 10 mile and hour for
 7 miles!) Here is some of the pictures of the view:







And lastly the proof of the time hiking and
how many steps it took to get from the bottom
to the top! 



2 comments:

  1. My grandsons are getting soooo big!!! They all look so grownup and I'm sure they had a ball and there's no way I would of climbed that tower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a great way to spend some family time. Congratulations on making that huge climb.

    ReplyDelete