So for next years Needle Master Monthly SAL we needed to have the book cover finished before the end of this year and even though I started out wanting a book of crochet lace samples I have changed that to using the Mirabilia Freebies instead. It works out really well since there are 12 cherubs one for each month. The two bugs will be done as well and will be mounted in the inside front and back covers.
For the front cover I choose to do the sign from Villa Mirabilia over one on 40 count linen. Instead of the beads I used kreinik #4 braid in purple to match the streamers that hang on either side of the banner. Thankfully there weren't very many beads in this section and so it was easy to fudge.
I also made a needle tatted border for around the oval and stitched it down with burgundy hex beads and also white cats eye beads secured with size 15 purple iris beads. It was really nice to be able to use up some of my misc beads.
I also tacked down a few rayon trim lace pieces for interest, all in all I really do like the finished product.